9/12/2005

The same answer varies!

I’d like to address an issue with Univ 106 and collaboration. While I applaud group research in completing the assignments, I would like to stress that the answers you submit should differ from somebody else’s in that same group. Why? Because we use a java script to mix up the chapter assignments between 10 sets, so when you print your assignment sheet for, say chapter 4, it should be different than someone else’s for the same chapter.

We want you to know about the library and its many resources, but you will not learn by simply copying someone else’s answers. If you do this, you run the risk of errors that were made by someone else. Besides, that’s cheating and on the road to student misconduct—and we don’t want to go that way, right? Working in groups is fine, but please don’t copy the same answers.

As always, please let someone at the reference desk know if you get stuck, don’t understand something, or would like help in clarifying something.

Memo Cordova

No comments: