8/23/2007

Welcome to UNIV 106 - Library Skills for Fall 2007

I'm excited to start a new semester and look forward to meeting most of you. I say "most of you" because this course is self-paced, meaning you can do as much or as little of it as you see fit--as long as you finish it by the deadline.

We have what we call "Target Dates" that simply point to specific dates when you should have finished certain assignments. You could also finish the course in one weekend. It's up to you.

But, with such freedom comes great responsibilities! While the course is not hard it is time consuming (you're in college now, huh?), so I urge you to pace yourself and use the Target Dates as a guide so you can have time to enjoy the course and your other responsibilities.

Everything about the course is available online at http://library.boisestate.edu/skills/ . You'll need to come to the library's Reference Desk so we can give you a quick orientation. Most questions about the course can be found at the Getting Started page, or ask anyone at the Reference Desk.

Or course, I'm available too. You can e-mail me at memocordova[at]boisestate.edu, you can IM me at freerangelibrarian (Yahoo IM), you can visit me at the Library in room 107D, you can call me at 426-1270, or you can reach me via Facebook. Whichever is easier.

I will use this blog to keep you updated about the course, library closures and/or events, or anything that may impact your access to the library.


Hope you have a great semester!

Memo

No comments: